- Using Agile principles and SCRUM methodologies, the primary responsibility is managing the Product and Technology Development team through weekly sprints.
- Includes running daily scrums, bi-weekly sprint ceremonies, coordinating with stakeholders and responsible for communication of project schedule.
- Work closely with the Head of Product and CTO on backlog management and sprint planning to ensure prioritized backlog corresponds with company priorities.
- Maintain strong internal channels of communication, manage expectations and ensure stakeholders are informed and engaged.
- Guiding and documenting project management processes, ensuring adherence to best practices and providing onboarding and training support for new hires.
- Analyze our current Agile processes, prioritize areas of improvement, and work alongside key stakeholders to implement the improvements.
- Facilitate and participate in key Agile rituals across the team and organization.
- Manage projects in JIRA and Confluence and providing software training to team members as needed.
- Develop risk management plans; identify, communicate and mitigate project risks.
- Manage and communicate changes to project stakeholders.
- Ensure any interpersonal conflict, political issues, technical skill scarcity, and/or budget concerns are identified to manage preventive actions and avoid risk.
- Monitor and report on key Agile performance metrics to leadership team.
- Manage or assist with various projects not directly related to software development, occasionally.
- Managing issues and escalating to the appropriate stakeholders - inform the right person at the right time to resolve issues.
- Motivate team members to stay focused, avoid issues, challenges, frustration and degraded performance.
- Motivate team members to maintain morale and focus on reaching goals.
- Monitor task loads and timeline pressures to balance workloads effectively.
- Coach team members on a consistent, ongoing and as needed basis.
- Identify and advocate for required resources.
- Foster and model a collaborative team environment driven to build great software while having fun.
- On occasion, must be willing to travel between Canada and the US.
Experience, Knowledge & Skills
- Relevant university or technical college degree in software engineering, business administration or relevant area of study.
- Agile Project Manager, Certified Scrum Master (CSM), PMP, and/or personnel management certifications preferred.
- 4+ years of experience as an Agile Project Manager / Scrum Master, 8+ in project management.
- Ideally a blend of experience in both medium or enterprise environments and startup or early stage companies.
- FinTech / SaaS development experience
- Experience with blended teams with local and distributed members.
- Experience preparing project plans, monitoring performance and, when necessary, documenting, communicating and managing plan changes.
- Experienced with JIRA, Confluence, Slack, BitBucket tools
- Knowledge of AWS architecture; S3, EC2, Lambda, DynamoDB, CloudWatch
- API architecture, Web App and Mobile App deployments
- Mac environment with GSuite, MS Office
Additional Skills & Abilities
- Proven leadership skills and the ability to motivate a team.
- Strong critical thinking skills, an analytical mind, and problem-solving aptitude.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- A sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company’s success.
- Pro-active with good decision making skills, critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting.
- Ability to assess a situation and quickly formulate the correct solution and have a positive outlook.
- Exhibits high energy, drive and persistence in all activities, and a strong hunger to succeed.
- Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills are key.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, competing priorities, deadlines and stakeholder requests simultaneously.
- Strong written and oral communication skills a must with ability to present formally or informally.
- Ability to maintain a high level of energy and engagement.
- A love to learn and improve in your role, always looking to bring something new and helpful to the team.
Philanthropos is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
This is a Permanent, Full Time position.
Location: Vancouver BC, Philadelphia PA
Start date: Now