Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer / QA Analyst
Join the Team - Apply Now
Philanthropos LLC. is a Philadelphia, PA based, angel-funded company whose mission is to connect people to causes and community, helping measure and track your impact.
If you want to work at a purpose driven company building solutions that are reinventing charitable giving, apply today.
Philanthropos, The Giving Company, is a technology solutions provider addressing inefficiencies in the charitable giving ecosystem. The company’s core offering is the Philanthropi platform, which simplifies the giving process and amplifies charitable giving through an accessible digital application. Philanthropi aligns Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) strategies with employees’ social priorities.
Product features include:
- Corporate Profiles (Matching capabilities)
- Individual Philanthropic Profiles (time, talent, treasure and social ties tracking)
- Real-time Matching contributions, charity confirmation and grants processing
- Client-centric and donor-centric reporting
- Transaction receipts for year-end tax deductions
The Quality Assurance Engineer/ Quality Assurance Analyst is an integral member of the Product and Engineering team reporting directly to the Chief Technical Officer (CTO). The Quality Assurance Engineer will be instrumental in ensuring the Product and Engineering team can deliver on Philanthropi’s ambitious goals in transforming the philanthropy sector. The Quality Assurance Engineer will be directly involved in developing and communicating specifications and corresponding test plans to ensure outcomes meet expectations.
As a member of the Product and Engineering team, you will be directly involved in developing and communicating specifications and corresponding test plans to ensure outcomes meet expectations. You will assist with definition and detailing of story and task description in backlog to define success based on unit test criteria. You will manage and perform unit testing on front-end and back-end using automated test tools with manual review when needed. In addition, you will assist with pipeline and deployment testing, able to assist with code-review as well as monitoring and troubleshooting of deployments.
Philanthropi is committed to helping people and charities achieve great impact and your role will be integral in ensuring that we deliver the tools that can enable this.
Essential Responsibilities and Functions:
- Plan, create and manage the overall Quality Planning strategy.
- Evaluate code according to specifications.
- Code merge review, identify merge conflict resolutions and resolve, escalate or re-assign as needed.
- Review and analyze system specifications to identify and provide recommendations to develop effective strategies and test plans.
- Define unit test criteria, deploy and manage daily unit testing.
- Consistently execute test cases (manual and/or automated) and analyze results in a timely manner.
- Follow-through and conduct post-release/post-implementation testing.
- Test current products and identify deficiencies and troubleshoot issues.
- Generate logs to document testing phases and defects.
- Identify key KPIs for product quality and collect relevant data.
- Identify quality assurance process bottleneck and suggest actions for improvement.
- Effectively report bugs and errors to Development team.
- Prepare and present reports and metrics to CTO and Head of Product.
- Assist Head of Product in defining and refining backlog stories and task descriptions that relate directly to testable outcomes.
- Work directly with BE & FE developers to identify or clarify details in backlog.
- Collaborate with the Product Development team to ensure consistent project execution.
- Collect and communicate quality data and suggest solutions to identified product problems.
- Investigate product quality in order to make improvements to achieve better customer satisfaction.
- Oversee continuous improvement projects.
- On occasion, must be willing to travel between Canada and the US.
Experience, Knowledge & Skills
- University BS/BA or technical college degree in computer science, engineering, information technology, business or technical analysis
- 5+ years QA experience in SAAS product development environments
- Minimum of one-year experience in a Quality Assurance Engineer/ Quality Assurance Analyst capacity
- Additional business or technical analysis, software development experience
Quality Assurance Requirements
- Proven work experience in software quality assurance and testing.
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies tools and processes.
- Significant work history showing aptitude for QA methodology and project management.
- Experience and familiarity with test management software for local development and cloud development and deployments.
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases.
- Experience with a variety of different testing techniques such as UI Testing, Automated Testing, Test Driven Development Strategies and others.
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus.
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing.
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools.
- Proven work experience as a QA tester or similar role.
- Competence in all technical skills needed to document and troubleshoot errors.
- Experienced with AWS architecture; S3, EC2, Lambda, DynamoDB, CloudWatch
- Experienced with JIRA, Confluence, Slack, BitBucket tools
- AWS architecture stack with Java, Python, React, ReactNative
- API architecture, Web App and Mobile App deployments
- Mac or *nix environments
- Working knowledge of Agile frameworks and regression testing
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
Additional Skills & Abilities
- Experience with remote and onsite work environments.
- Strong critical thinking skills, an analytical mind, and problem-solving aptitude.
- A sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company’s success.
- Pro-active with good decision making skills, critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting.
- Ability to assess a situation and quickly formulate the correct solution and have a positive outlook.
- Exhibits high energy, drive and persistence in all activities, and a strong hunger to succeed.
- Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Team player with great interpersonal, communication and time-management skills.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Philanthropos is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
This is a Permanent, Full Time position.
Location: Vancouver BC, Philadelphia PA
Start date: November 1, 2019